Friday, April 20, 2012

Jon Kortajarena - The Pilot

So I sort of piloted a section of my survey. I Facebook asked Mila to help judge the images from the Jon Kortajarena post I did. Here's how it went (copy and pasted Facebook Chat messages and edited to keep this short, not to exclude information)

Me: Ok so I''m going to send you a link with pictures of the same guy. I need you to tell me what emotion/vibe you get from him, rate each picture out of 10 (10 being best) and tell me which one you like best
 
 
Mila: What do you want me to say about vibe? Like the emotion he makes me feel or how he feels?
 
 
Me Both :D
Mila: I give the first one a 9 and I think he feels like excited and he makes me feel his adorableness seeping through the photo.
 
 
The second one 7 and it's just sexy. Or like suggestive of something more.


The third one I think 8 cause he looks intrigued and it makes me like him cause he looks nerdy and cute and is reading and I like that.
 
 
The next one 10 cause it makes him look approachable and nice and I like it alot better when he's smiling and being natural then when he's all brooding.
The last one an 9 too cause I dunno it makes him look vulnerable and like he needs and hug and it makes me wanna give him a hug and be nice and have a nice deep conversation.
 
 
So I found this very helpful and interesting especially from all my research pointing out that women are more physically attracted to cocky or brooding guys.
 
 
The first image, I classified as the cocky/confident image. She gave it a 9, got excited and loved his "adorableness"
Second image, I classified as the angry/intense/brooding image. She gave it a 7, calling it "sexy" and "suggestive"
Third image, I classified as semi-brooding/thoughtful image. She gave that one an 8 saying that his thoughtful expression and that the newpaper reading was a nice "nerdy" touch.
Fourth image, I classfied as the happy/cheerful/smiling picture.This got her highest rating of 10. The smile made his "approachable" and "natural". I liked it in particular when she said:
"I like it alot better when he's smiling and being natural then when he's all brooding."
Fifth image, I classified it as the more sad/pensive/melancholy-type of brooding than number 2 and 3. The vulnerability of the image appealed to her maternal-like instincts, to try and help and comfort him. A sense of sort of approachableness comes through as she felt they could "have a nice deep conversation."
Overall, very helpful and hopefully I can clean up and distribute the survey by tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment